Thursday, August 5, 2010

Give a girl a cookie...

Well, I did it. Here I am 365 days exactly since my heart attack. As of this very moment I am a happy, HEALTHY young woman living with heart disease. It's a good feeling! The much dreaded stress test went beautifully and I'm told I MAY be able to kick some of the pills soon. Good news! Even better, the year of "bad" statistics is over. Increased mortality rate, risks of second events, more surgery. All clear. All better. After 3 hospital stays, 12 cardiologist visits, and countless tests and needles I'm finally given the go ahead. I made it out the other side! NO MORE TESTS!!!

Thanks you so much guys. Really. I couldn't have done it without you. I really gave my family a good scare but the rallied around me cheered me on. Corey has been AMAZING through all this. Here's to growing old together Handsome! As for the rest of you... I can't believe how many there are! You guys are precious. Each and every one. It seemed like every time I had a really bad day I'd get an email. I'm so grateful to know all of you. All my hearts friends out there... you're AMAZING! Hey there Reader T! To answer your question NEVER stop counting! Every day is a little more precious now. I get it! Here's to never having to reset the clock!

Now I'm going to hug my husband and head back to work. Love you guys! It's a great day!

6 comments:

  1. fabulous! congratulations on such a huge milestone. enjoy the day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations. That must be a BIG relief. I am very happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so glad to hear of your good news! My husband is nearing his "5 month" re-birthday - I can't wait until we have a whole year! Keep up the good work - you are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You rock, G!!!

    Now, my family and I need to spend some time on the Gulf.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tony if you visit my area of the gulf you better stop by for a visit! Thank you so much guys. Once again, you are the best readers and friends ever!

    ReplyDelete