Friday, July 30, 2010

So cute!!!

I have a new favorite boat in the marina. She came in this week to have some work done and after talking to her equally charming owner about what she needed, I headed outside to take a look at her. Ready to see what she looks like? Brace yourselves! She's adorable!

Aw weeee! Look how CUTE! Meet Lindisima. She's a Cape Dory Typhoon and she's precious! A sailboat in mini! Look at her baby sail covers! Her little Mercury motor! Her teeny weeny porthole! I'm not going to lie, when I noticed her I squealed like a girl. To me, this is as cute as a pile of puppies. She looks JUST like her big brothers and sisters. Every detail is there, just in miniature!


The boys hauled her out of the water and put her on blocks so she can have her work done. What do I do? Squeal again! She has a baby keel!!! Look at that! She really IS a mini big boat! Most sailboats this size are lightweight with removable parts. They're built to be rigged fast, sailed faster, and are easy to pick up and move around. They have sassy, fast names like Laser and Sunfish and are inexpensive, fun ways to sail. Think a kid's first boat or a person's little day sailor. Done? Just pick up and drive it home on a trailer. Not so with this Cape Dory! A boat like this is a bit of a princess. She requires the love and care of a bigger boat. I've got to hand to to the guys. They handled the Lindisima with the tender loving care reserved for her biggest sister boats. This tiny thing was lowered and blocked without a scratch.

Here's a good size perspective shot for you. That's my 6'3 husband on the right tending to her. See? Told you she was tiny! Look at that eeny weeny bumper by his head! There's no way he's fitting in this thing to sail it. I halfway wish I could sail her. A boat like this is nothing but a joy to take out. Tiny white sails on blue water. She's the heart of what pleasure sailing is... a pleasure. Don't I have the coolest job in the world? I get to look at cool stuff like this all day and know that when she's finished, she'll be placed back in the water shiny as a new penny. Frankly, it's hard to imagine her any prettier then this but I'm sure the boys will pull it of. I can't wait to see!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, it IS tiny! I wonder if two people would even fit on it...maybe two tiny people. Either way it's very cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They say she holds two. I can't imagine how!

    ReplyDelete