Monday, July 12, 2010

Well folks, I bet you can tell something is up. I've been missing! No posts, no comments, no pictures. Sigh. I've been meaning to. Honest. The problem is life came along and got in the way!

I got a job. Yeah, yeah. You heard correctly. Gillian got a job! The best job ever is the history of best jobs. It's the most perfect thing in the whole world. Seriously! I'm not kidding! Wait for it... it's here! In my marina! Can you guys believe it?!? I am the new office manager in my beloved marina. Yes, the same marina my husband works in. Cool huh? Corey works with the boats and I've got the books so to speak. My commute is a dock walk away and I'm the proud owner of a full time marina gig. It's official folks. We're hooked. We always said there was nowhere else we'd rather be and now we're living it!

So what have I been doing? I've been dusting off my Quickbooks knowledge and getting used to my new office hours. Don't knock it, I haven't had a job in 10 months so getting into the swing of things has kicked my butt. So tired. So very, very tired. I pack my lunch in the morning and scoot down the dock and into my new office. I've spent all month cleaning, organizing, and learning as much as I can. There's so much to learn! I've always loved boats but this is fantastic! Propellers and charts, spare parts and paint colors! Boat lift straps and motors. Sail or power, in every color and size... I'm like a kid in a candy store! I figure I'll decide I don't know anything in about 30 years. It's definitely going to take that long.

Times they are a changin.' Every night Corey and I put the sun to bed talking about our days and discussing something new (to me anyway) that he thinks I might find interesting. We feed the ducks and turtles that come to visit and soak up something funny... happiness. It sneaks up on you doesn't it?

I have a blog on heart disease and now this. What to do??? Strangely, you guys majorly like the boat posts more. There's a huge difference. Go figure. I've been having the hardest time posting about being sick and you guys love hearing about me being chased by a mutant duck. I propose we both win! Of course I'll still fill you guys in on any new heart news. I owe it to you for being so great! BUT... let's shake things up. I'm going to include a lot more of the duck dives and daily fun that is this crazy life I'm living. I don't want to live my life fearful of the thumping in my chest. I want to live it wide open and joyful with what I've got... an amazing life, family, and friends.

I'm proposing a contest! I need a new BOAT name! What's a good blog name? Anybody? The winner gets a really spiffy Save the Gulf tshirt! Here are some suggestions so far...
-Tied Up. A life on lines.
-Buoyed
-Tide in Knots
Whatcha think? Can you guys do better? Please? There's a new tshirt in it for you! And thanks guys, really. You've been so patient and the best readers a girl could have. Take care guys and comment! Post your suggestions here or on my facebook wall. I'll pick my favorites and we'll figure something out on a winner. Night guys!

7 comments:

  1. congrats on the new job! sounds heavenly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So friggin glad you are alright and wasn't in the hospital. I was worried about you. Whatever name you choose, make sure it is energetically uplifting and free flowing. Don't be "tied up" by anything. How about something like "Water Spirit". I do like Puddle Duck from Tony also. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you've been loving your job and reclaiming your life! So awesome.

    As for the new blog name....I agree with Jean that you don't wanna be tied (even if it's a play on tide). Maybe just a Life on Lines? I'll try to think of something....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was worried about you too!! Been following your blog since my husband has the same kind of heart attack. Don't have any suggestions for your new name - just wanted to convey that I'm glad you're still ok!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness guys! Thank you so much! Seriously, it means a lot to read such great things here and in my message box. I promise to post again soon and thanks for the suggestions! You're right... no tied!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How about "Buoyed Up by Friends" for a new name.
    Also want to let you know about Serrapeptase. It is a proteolytic enzyme that digests non living tissue, blood clots, arterial plaque and inflammation in all forms. It does not interfere with any medication. I had a heart attack in January in the same artery as yours with 2 stents. Since heart disease is due to inflammation, I did some serious researching to find something to clear out the inflammation and the arteries. Your blog helped me so much. I learned more from you than from my cardiologist.
    Thank you so very much. You have been so helpful. When I get scared, I look at myself in the mirror and tell myself that I am a Holy and Courageous soul. It helps.

    ReplyDelete