Monday, August 31, 2009

A Little Bit of Progress...

I've been feeling so bad lately that I called the doctor's office and moved up my appointment. I wasn't supposed to see my cardiologist until 4 weeks after my heart attack but the progress I'm making is a little to slow. I'm tired, when I stand the room spins, and when I move to quickly everything goes gray. This dizzy, almost fainting feeling isn't going away and really hinders my activity level. My father took me out to lunch and 30 minutes in I was weak and shaky. That small amount of activity was all I could handle for the whole day.

My cardiologist checked my blood pressure readings and,after discussing the risk factors with me, he decided to take me off of two of my medications. One keeps my blood pressure low and the other is designed to keep my heart from spasming. I agreed to be closely monitored for the next few weeks in exchange for the nasty side effects to go away. Fair trade for me!

I'm writing this just a few days after my appointment and I'm really happy to say that all the dizzy, tired feelings are gone! It's amazing how certain medications can affect your attitude and your body. I'm walking further, eating more, and am now REALLY motivated to get in the gym and start rehabing in a few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment