Saturday, October 16, 2010

Chuck's Day

I'm pretty much convinced that Chuck is some kind of mutant hybrid of a stuffed animal. He has attachment issues, and sleep issues, and food issues. Yup, all three. Behold the photograph evidence...

After sleeping inside all night with me and Corey he follows me to work in the morning crying plaintively if I walk too fast. Kitty. Stalker.


While I'm opening the office and starting my day Chuck is getting in his 5 minutes of kitty cardio. That means destroying my plants and skidding around under the furniture. "I'm going to get you imaginary mouse!!!"



Chuck will then forget he ate breakfast at home and eat a bowl full of his office supply. The food coma sets in and he's down. So fat... can't get... arm down. :(


Eventually he will start feeling better so he'll decide to make it his mission to be wherever I am. Behold his mad balancing skills and multitasking. He's on my post-its and computer mouse all while sleeping on a corner.


This will start to irritate me so I'll gently push him aside. I'm BUSY here! Eventually I'll get offended that my subtle hints aren't working so I just pile random office stuff on him. He doesn't notice.


By mid afternoon he's obnoxious in his attention getting tactics so he's booted outside. Chuck takes this in stride and pouts off road style. Sigh, banished to kitty jail.


If I leave the marina for any reason I will return to this. Half a Chuck. This is his desperate plea for more food, my Snuggie, and someone to pet him.


If the Half A Chuck pose doesn't work he will then start rolling around on the deck and crying pitifully. This is his attempt at a kitty art pose. Instead of being impressed I notice that Chuck has no pants. Why sleeves and no pants? Dude... you're naked!


I'll feed him and play with him until he decides to run off and do whatever cats do at night. If he's not back by sundown I start to worry about my adopted stuffed animal and plead with Corey to go find him. Instead, Chuck will eventually find Corey and chase him down while crying plaintively. Refer to picture 1. Corey will then thrill Chuck by doing one of his favorite things. Cart him around. I have never seen a cat so happy to be carried in any fashion. He likes Corey best for this because Corey does the "kitty fireman carry" maneuver. They're good buds.


Once he's in for the night he'll check out his food situation and conquer my Snuggie. I've tried balling it up but that doesn't work. He'll just sleep in odd positions on top of it. "Silly Gillian. Did you think this Snuggie was for you?" Insert evil kitty chuckle.


I'll give up on the Snuggie and go to bed. Chuck always gets alarmed by this and I have no idea why. You're IN dude! No one is going to kick you out. Chill! Apparently Chuck thinks this is time to show off his stuffed animal genes. He'll cram himself right up against me to go to sleep. If I move he'll just wiggle closer. Corey and I have discovered the hard way that you have to proceed with caution. This is Chuck's cuteness secret weapon! By 3:00 am Chuck has half a bed, I'm stuck smack dab in the middle, and poor Corey is about to fall off. Corey and I have to team up like superheros to stop his bid for total bed domination. Every. Night.


I need to point that Chuck ISN'T MY CAT! He's lived in this marina for 12 years. Chuck has adopted me and Corey and that's the way it stays. He sure does add something extra special to marina life though. Live on a boat in a beautiful marina, have a fun and quirky life, get adopted by the world's coolest cat. Seriously though... isn't he cute?



3 comments:

  1. it's been my experience with my dad's cats that they really do not care what you think or what the circumstances of your daily routine might be. it's almost like the attitude is, "well, i mean, of course you're going to do what i want. i'm a cat; you're supposed to worship me." it's vaguely hilarious, at least between sneezes (i am highly allergic to cats).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I'm totally in love with the picture of him with office supplies piled on top! Cute!

    This makes me wish I weren't deathly allergic to cats :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think he has found himself a very good home. Be careful he doesn't get too fat or he won't be able to jump up on your bed!!! My cat's belly swings back and forth when she runs through a room. It is so funny. Cats sure like to sleep.zzzz

    ReplyDelete