Sunday, October 24, 2010

It's amazing what sleep will do to you.

Too much work and stuff to do, never enough sleep. By the time Friday rolls around I'm exhausted, jittery with caffeine overload, and daunted with the mountain of stuff I've let slide during the work week. The kicker is that I LOVE my job and have a hard time leaving. I love the boats, the boat stuff, the people, and the challenge. Why would anyone complain about that?!? This is definitely one of the coolest jobs ever in the history of cool jobs. So why am I so tired?

Yeah, I don't get it either. Fatigue is the biggest stinker of heart disease in my book. I keep waking up thinking today is the day I won't be so tired and every morning I'm proven wrong. Patience is NOT a virtue I can claim. Stubborn is though, so I keep plugging on waiting for the un-tired day. It's GOING to happen!

This Friday was double rough so I came home and just quit. I took Stripey Chuck and hit the the bed by 6:30. Most. Epic. Sleep. Ever. I didn't wake up till 9am! I shuffled out and encountered a bag of jelly beans on the counter. Now a heart buddy that shall remain unnamed told me that jelly beans were the healthiest candy. I ran out and bought a bag of peach and pear Jelly Belly's then immediately forgot I'd done it. Typical Gillian behavior I assure you. While I searched for a Diet Coke I randomly decided to eat them. Cracked. Out. There should be a law against people that don't eat sugar eating large amounts of it first thing in the morning.

Hey! You know what would be cool? I want a haircut! My facebook friends said it was okay! My snap decision led to an appointment 30 minutes later. Woot! 10:30 am and in the chair! It's adorable if I do say so myself. :)

Since this decision worked out so well I called the local consignment store. I'd dropped off a ton of stuff but had been too tired to drop by and check my balance. It was huge! FREE SHOPPING!!! I could almost hear my mind spiral into crazy when I arrived and walked into a 75% off sale. I don't know what to tell you here. A pink pea coat was involved and a Tiffany necklace was spotted. I left with both and a very warm fuzzy feeling for shopping on imaginary money. Huh. Drop off high heels and big jeans... get Tiffany necklace. Fab-u-lous!!!

Crazy Gillian took over at this point and decided that life would be a terrible waste if pepper chicken and lo mien was not acquired. After my first Chinese food foray in many months I stopped by Daylight Doughnuts and Little Ceasars to buy Corey some goodies to. You know, because THAT made a lot of sense. One nap later I was still cracked out. I pestered Corey by following him around and chattering about random things like jelly beans and birds. Being the amazingly resilient guy that he is he tolerated my crazy behavior until it became obvious that I wasn't going to quit. He told me to go inside and play on the computer until I calmed down.

Pouting, I ate the crazy bread. ALL of the crazy bread. Corey busted me just in time to tell me I was stoned on sugar and I was going to hurk if I didn't quit. Spurned on by huge amounts of sleep and sugar I didn't listen and ate a doughnut just to spite him.

Bet you can figure out what happened. Corey was right and hurking was involved. Dang it. I spent Saturday night rolling around feeling like I swallowed a brick and making pitiful sounds. Corey and Chuck weren't very sympathetic. Those stinkers acted like I DESERVED this or something!

Sunday was spent chewing Pepto tabs and laying around nursing the brick. NO more sugar. That stuff is the devil. Word to the wise heart buddies. Treats are about moderation! Dang it, I should have stopped at the Tiffany necklace but noooo, I didn't do something intelligent like that. Keep to the healthy diet and reap the rewards. I promise your belly will thank you. How do people EAT that stuff?!? Don't they feel sick? I didn't make it 24 hours! Huh, thinking about it, I'm happy with my lesson and my healthy eating habits. I'd never survive in the nasty food jungle.

2 comments:

  1. That haircut looks great!

    I feel the same way after I eat too much sugar, and then I vow never to eat sugar again, and then the next day I change my mind, and the cycle repeats. I never learn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look beautiful with that haircut.

    ReplyDelete