Monday, October 11, 2010

When life hands you a heart attack, make a blog.

I saw this display in the local toy store window recently. Isn't it great? Life isn't always fair but it's the approach you take that makes it worth it. I'm tired right now and grumpy. Stressed, and just plain worn out. I can't do anything about that right now but you know what I can do? I bought a Snuggie. That's right, an honest to goodness Snuggie. I may not be able to fix the tired at a pace I'd like but I CAN curl up and snuggle in my Snuggie. I get bonus points for cracking up my husband with my Snugginess. "Look! I'm in a Snuggie! Hug me! Hug the Snuggie Corey! Hug it!"

Yeah I know, I'm an idiot. I have a heart attack and started a blog. I feel bad, I buy the world's most cheesy invention. It's a process people. One good thing for one bad. Kind of my grown up version of a kid's sick present. You're reading my coloring book and action figures. If it keeps me happy and occupied it's doing it's job right?

Here's another random funny for you. I know my last post wasn't that fun so here's some behind the scenes info. My doctor handed me those photos while I was being discharged. He's pointing out the serious nature of my heart and it's miraculous recovery thanks to his capable hands. How do I respond?
"Jeez! Is that my spine?!? Yeah? How does that look? Good? Cool." Also...while medicated up to my eyeballs and not quite with it yet...
"My heart looks fat in the After picture. Fat heart. I have a skinny heart? Huh. It'll fit right in then. Someone should have sent it the skinny memo."
My doctor is awesome for putting up with me. To be fair, I've never seen an x-ray of myself, never been in the hospital, and never been "doped" with those crazy things they actually call medication. That means I was overstimulated, interested, and stoned. The whole big picture thing took a while to sink in. The random small stuff? Oh I was aaalll over that. I wish I'd bought the Snuggie then! I could have rehabbed with a Snuggie. Darn it, why didn't I think of that?!?

3 comments:

  1. The lemonade thing was always said about Martha Stewart-when life handed her lemons, she made lemonade. So make some lemonade Gillian and take vitamin supplements. Doctors know a lot about medications, but not vitamins. B Complex are important for the heart, COQ10 is needed for heart function and the cholesteral statin drugs deplete that from you. You are too young to be depleted. And fish oils for Omega 3. I take lots of supplements and only BP pills and I am living proof that they work. Serrapeptase is a natural anti inflammatory that also goes after arterial plaque and I know it works. I take it religiously every day-even some of my spider veins are clearing up and disappearing. Curl up with your cat. Their purring is soothing. I love listening to my cat purr. And my dog gets me moving-he was born to play. Great animals for the soul. Sending you lots of love Gillian. I want to read your blog for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jean! I wrote down those vitamins. Let the Google searches begin! Thanks for the advice and I'll keep blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, snuggies. so goofy, and yet so hilarious. hope it helps you shake the sluggishness!

    ReplyDelete