Friday, November 6, 2009

My two favorite stories so far.

I'll never understand it but heart patients LOVE to tell you their heart stories. I started this blog out of self defense. I don't like telling my heart story! Once again, I'm the odd duck of my rehab class. Seriously though, what's the deal? It's got to be up there as far a life changing, traumatic events. Who wants to relive that?!? Then again, I'm a girl. Maybe something is lost in translation. Who knows. Here are two of my favorite heart stories. I got a kick out of them anyway!

One of the gentlemen in my class had a heart attack and got an ambulance ride to the hospital. He had to have 2 stents put in. Where did the ambulance pick him up? Hardee's. He was in the drivethru waiting for a thickburger. I kid you not. Dude, you're never going to live that down. Just saying. You had a heart attack at Hardee's!!!

One of my favorite cardiac rehab guys is the luckiest duck I know. Do you think if I stand close enough it will rub off? How lucky is he? He had a motorcycle accident! He got an ambulance ride to the hospital to. There he is all busted up when the doctor makes an interesting discovery. Totally unrelated to the accident, this guy is walking around with an aortic aneurysm!!! For those who don't know this basically means, that part of your heart can bust. Literally bust. My heart buddy was walking around with a bomb in his chest. If the aorta had ruptured, he would have died in minutes. See? Told you he was lucky! Thanks to his motorcycle accident it was discovered and corrected with surgery.

I love these guys. Hours of entertainment every week. It's fun getting to know them. The doctor calls our class the one blossom and 10 possums. Jeez. I'm glad I'm the blossom huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment