Sunday, April 4, 2010

A sunny Easter

I hope you guys had a great Easter weekend! Corey and I spent ours together in the marina. We're getting ready for fishing/hurricane season! The sun was out so we took advantage of it to work on our to do list. It's a biiig list. This is Corey planning our new electronic setup. Garmin, radar, radio... how do we want them rearranged? It's harder then it looks because everything has to be rewired.

We also fixed our leaky hatch! When we got the boat we discovered the plexi had warped and was leaking. This is my husband employing his handy skills. As I'm peeling caulk and "helping" I had to ask. "Have you done this before?" Nope. "Then how do you know what you're DOING?!?" He says he just knows. Smarty pants. As always, when it comes to fixing things, he's right. The plexi is replaced and is ready for some rain and waves. The man has mad skills.

Corey also got me a "happy." A kiddie step for my co-pilot chair. Jeez. Thanks. Not ALL of us can be 6'3 and have our feet touch. He didn't listen to me complain about the "baby" chair and pulled the whole thing out to give me my custom fit. At 5'2, that's a whole lot of custom. Complaints aside...

He was right. I love it. I have a step and my feet now touch. It makes a world of difference. Isn't he thoughtful? I never would have thought of that. A custom fit pilot seat! Thanks Handsome for the Easter gift and the productive weekend! A few more days like this and we'll be all set! I see Gulf fishing in our near future...

As for the heart stuff, the bunny did NOT visit us this year. Not one egg, candy or boiled, in sight. No unhealthy food anywhere. The hard boiled part was easy. Can you believe it? Neither of us can remember how to hard boil an egg. We're an utter failure as adults. After a discussion on our childhood egg dying days we almost broke down and called Corey's mom for instructions. HOW do we not know this?!? I guess there's always next year...

No comments:

Post a Comment