Friday, April 2, 2010

Well. well!


Once again, I'm surprised! I post about not sleeping and you guys speak up. My little community fan page and my inbox all say one thing. NONE of us are sleeping. I tend to get a too big for my britches attitude. "I'm only 31 so I'm in better shape. I won't get that right?" Wrong. One thing I keep seeing over and over again is that heart disease and recovery affects all of us exactly the same. No matter what race, gender, lifestyle, or age, we all seem to be complaining about the same things. Fatigue, bruising, nosebleeds, insomnia, pain. Welcome to the club. It sucks, but at least if you're reading this you're not the only one with a paper towel in your pocket and nitro pills in your keychain.

Here's a new one for you. Have any of you non sleepers changed your sleeping positions? I've got a few in my inbox and I have as well. Drives my husband nuts! I've been a side sleeper my whole life. I tend to curl up, make a nest out of my covers, and stay that way all night. In the last 9 months I've turned into the Fort Knox of sleep. I've started to only be able to fall asleep on my stomach with my arms tucked in tight. Elbows in, hands under my pillow. Strange huh? I never slept like this before! It seems like an awfully defensive gesture doesn't it? Keep your chest in and protect it. Once I'm asleep I'll roll over but I'm guarded in the beginning. Poor Corey. We tend to curl up together and fall asleep. Now it's like a football meeting. Reeaaady, break! Once it's sleep time, even his pinky toe better stay on his side of the bed. It was funny at first but it's getting a little old now. Anybody? Did you guys roll over like turtles to?

Also, you guys tend to like pictures so here you go. I woke up last night at 2am, rolled over, and saw this thing looking at me. I bought it for by brother's dog to kill the next time I visit. Creepy huh? Those beady little eyes and stubby feet pointing at you in the middle of the night. That's okay though dude. I've got a good friend I want you to meet and her name is Scout. I'll bet she'll wipe that smirk off your face!

No comments:

Post a Comment