Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Celebrate Tuesday at Middle Bay Light!

Pictures, pictures. pictures! There's lots for you to look at in today's post! Guys, I had a BLAST last night! The minute I was off work I was booking it across those dock boards. Date night! Corey did his man thing and installed a new water pump. Yay! Why am I so excited about a water pump? When you get a new integral part of your engine replaced you get a sea trial. I got a boat ride with my favorite person in my favorite place. Mobile Bay. Isn't it beautiful? We're off! She ran like a dream guys. With lots of love and care (and parts!) she runs like the well oiled machine she is. She plows through the water powered by two Detroit Diesel engines for work horses. She may growl like a lion but she acts like a lady. Not one complaint! See my ridiculously happy husband? He's proud of his work! He finally got to let her loose! This is him kicking it up a notch and testing her out. Can't you just see the happy vibes he's radiating right now?Okay fine, maybe not. You sure can on me though! I'm thrilled with our girl! Cheese grin! We're going WEST!!! What's west? Just my favorite place in Mobile Bay...
.
.
.
Middle Bay Light! Isn't it beautiful? It's a tiny lighthouse that used to mark the mid point of the Mobile ship channel. See her flat top? It wasn't always like that. I get a happy shiver just thinking about this... Middle Bay housed an honest to goodness Fresnel lens. Wow. Big, big wow. A Fresnel lens is rare now and they're works of art. I can't believe we used to have one! Check out what Middle Bay used to look like when she had her lens. Gorgeous!It's like a candle on a cake. Perfect. I'm glad she lost her lens before my time. It must have been a heartbreaker to see it go. If you want, you can read some of the beautiful, interesting, funny, and sad history that I'm so addicted to here.We stayed as long as we could then raced the sun home. Of course, just to cap off a perfect boat ride, we spotted dolphins! I tried to catch a shot for you but they're squirrely suckers. I did get a shot of our sunset by accident though so that will just have to do. All in all, Corey had a blast, I had a blast, and the dolphins did to chasing us home. The only grumpy Gus?
.
.
.Someone got left on the dock! Chuck's spot on MY side of the bed, on MY happy color quilt, left with the boat. Just look at the pissed off level of "cattitude" he putting out! He was quick to claim it and didn't budge the rest of the night. Poor old man. :(

Well that's it! This was a monster of a blog post! A blo-ster! Visit the links and I hope you liked my pictures! See you guys next time!

3 comments:

  1. YOU look wonderful! Healthy, happy, just glowing! Those were great pix - loved them. And "cattitude"?- classic! I'm gonna have to use that one.

    ReplyDelete