Monday, September 20, 2010

I go to Publix WAY to much.

Every once in a while the clouds part, the sun peeks through, and you get a goodie for no apparent reason. It may not be a big goodie but it still makes you smile and brightens your day. Lookit what I got! It's fab-u-lous!

I pop into Publix several times a week. When I was riddled with bruises and needle marks (and hard to look at even to me) the deli guy took his lunch break to walk me around the entire store. He pointed out the heart healthy items, explained the low sodium benefits, and even helped me check out. All of this and he never once made me feel bad. There I am doing my best impression of Skeletor and he's extolling the benefits of a high protein diet and pushing my cart around. This guy's momma raised him right! When I felt better I made a beeline to the manager's desk to sing his praises. I made his day but he made a bad situation just a little better. He deserved a big thank you. People don't get recognised enough these days you know?

The bakery lady sneaks me a cookie when I buy my whole wheat bread and urges me to "have fun with the little things" in life. All of the check out people know me and I ask about their families. These people are NICE! Case in point...

"Hey! There's that nice lady with the freckles!" Yes, I'm an idiot but I actually looked behind me. I'm motioned over and presented with THIS! Yum! They gave me a cake! Someone's flavor mix up along with a closing bakery led to my chocolaty windfall! Ah, frosted chocolate baked goods. It's been too long my friend.I love Publix. I really, really do. The best roses are frosted ones after all! This is my breakfast today y'all! Don't judge. You know you want a piece!

Here's your assignment for the day. Give a "cake" to someone. Go be nice. Know anyone that really needs lunch or a small iTunes gift card? Find a manager and praise someone. Send a handwritten card. You may make someone's day but you'll be the one smiling!

3 comments:

  1. The smile you send out, returns to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's one of my favorite things to do: let managers know when their employees go above and beyond. They hear all the time about people messing up, so I like to tip the balance a little bit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. things like that make me miss living down south. i love it up here, but there's no way in the world that the folks at my local grocery store would take that kind of time to be helpful.

    ReplyDelete