Sunday, September 19, 2010

Gillianese gets drunk.

Everyone that knows me (or reads this blog) knows that I tend to improvise when it comes to the English language. I can tinker with words the way William Shatner tinkers with their delivery. Can't figure how to describe something? No biggie, just make something up that sounds nifty. As there was a truly epic football party in the marina this weekend I thought I'd share some drunk Gillianese that has caught on. Keep in mind that I was the only sober one there and this just makes it even more silly.

Term 1 - Drunkneck - An inebriated individual usually saying "Hey y'all watch this!" They also have the uncontrollable urge to "do something" that usually ends up with a trip to the ER. Their better halves, while irritated, are gratified in their knowledge that the drunkneck will NEVER live this down. Stitches come and go but drunkneckitude lasts forever.

Term 2 - Drunkasaurus - Ever seen someone so torn down every little thing is difficult? Ever seen a drunk and grumpy routine? They may try and try but succeed they don't. Congrats. You've got yourself a dinosaur sighting. The Drunkasaurus is LOOSE! Quick somebody pen him in! Why do I call it that? Go here to see my inspiration. Cute huh? Oh come on, you know it's precious! Tell me you don't know someone like this after a few too many!

This weekend led to a drunkneck sighting on the beach (poor guy hobbled around for quite a while) and a whole boatload of Drunkasauruses. Every man within a 3 boat range, my poor husband included, was a dinosaur last night. Little arms waving everywhere! Ah, football season. It's great isn't it?

3 comments:

  1. Welcome back. Missed your insights. Love reading your "Gilliture"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Drunkneckitude"?? You're a genius!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why thank you you two! "Gillliture" tee hee!

    ReplyDelete