Thursday, September 30, 2010

So much for karma...

So I'm sitting on my back deck and enjoying some afternoon sunshine. Minding my OWN business I might add. A bug comes up with a stinger butt and I decide to practice my new inner calm and ignore it. Little stresses don't matter, the bug deserves to be there, it's not interested in me, yada yada yada. I serenely watch as it buzzes off and give myself a mental pat on the back.

OWWW! It stung me! That little 'effer snuck up behind me and nailed me right on the back! This is no small thing I tell you. It's an alligator tear inducing, hot poker feeling, sleep tossing ouch. That little punk. Bully. I hope it's one of those bugs that dies after it sticks you. That MIGHT make me feel better about having a sting right on my waistline.

Now here's the thing... If I had flipped out, screeching at the top of my lungs would it have stung me? If I'd scampered away and made Corey go on a bug hunt would I be sporting this fabulous whelp? Either way, a relaxing afternoon it wasn't.

1 comment:

  1. I've only ever been stung once, and it was on my big toe! Wearing shoes was terrible!

    ReplyDelete