Wednesday, September 22, 2010

I'm melting!

So I had a bad day. I love, love, love my job but yesterday was TOUGH. One frozen iPhone and a mountain of problems didn't deter my computer from having an attitude. Great. After crawling under my desk to fix it I seriously considered just staying down there. It'd be like the Wizard of Oz. Sorry, there's nothing left but the desk and my beloved Michael Kors wedges sticking out. I'm hiding. Sassy footwear aside, I took my pounding head home hoping a rocking boat in a beautiful marina would soothe away the rough edges. It did, just like it always does.

Chuck came in and settled himself right beside me on the sofa. I'm busy regaling Corey with my day's misadventures when I produce this little nugget of Gillian wisdom. "I love Chuck. He knows just when he's needed. Look at his cute stripes. Like a zen garden. I'm petting a fuzzy, soothing, zen garden."

My zen garden chooses this exact moment to audibly fart. ON me. Amidst the green stink cloud and my high pitched protests my husband happily sat, laughing his fool head off. Yeah, yeah. I know. It's funny huh? Go ahead and laugh why don't ya. I'm cutting my losses, getting into some jammies, and heading to bed. Here's hoping tomorrow is stress and stink free!

1 comment: