Friday, February 5, 2010

Most awesome kid ever.

I'm a sucker for redheaded little kids. I don't know why but I think they're awesome. Maybe it's because they're so darn cute or maybe it's because every one I've ever talked to has been super sassy. Heck maybe as a freckle face myself I just recognize "my people." Whatever it is, they rock.

While checking out in Publix I met The Most Awesome Kid Ever. There's me, with my groceries, waiting for my total. This kid pulls up with his momma and does this snappy dismount out of his chopping cart. Cool man. Good grief he's cute! He's got curly red hair and he's rockin' itty bitty cargo pants and Diesel tennis shoes. He stands on tiptoe and starts digging through the fruit I'm buying. O-kay? What's up with this?!? How do you shoo a 6 year old?

Kid - "You like fruit huh?"
Me - "Sure do."
Kid - "We have lots of fruit to."
Me - "That's good. It's healthy."
Kid - "Yeah. That's how we roll."

Oh no he didn't! That's how we roll. With apples. I only claim half of what happened next. His mom had that hilarious laugh that ends with a snort. You know the kind... you can't help but crack up when you hear it and Mr. Cutie Pie was getting all gangsta on me. I did what any person with no kids would do. I riled him up!

Me - "That's how you roll huh?"
Kid - "Oooooh yeah." He starts bouncing around.
Me - "I'll bet you got the pimped out swingset."
Kid - "Uh huh!!!!" This yelled in Grover-like voice.
Mom - Snort, snort.
Me - "Got the chromed out seesaw huh?"
The kid starts talking about bling! Holy goodness, he knows what I'm talking about!!! I pay for my stuff, load up my cart, and turn back to my new buddy. I kind of ask for his mom's permission and slip him one of the Snickers I bought for Corey. This kid deserves chocolate.
Me - "Bye little man. I like your outfit by the way. You're big pimpin' in those khakis."

He starts singing the song! If ever a parent needed to know the effect of social media on children, well, come meet this kid. He then walks me to the door and JUMPS to activate the sensor so it opened up. I think him for "opening" the door for me and he told me it wasn't a problem. I was a chick and stuff. Aw!

He stuffed his hands in his pockets and started to bounce/run back to his mom. I watched till he got safely there and managed to catch him busting his butt on the tile. He popped up and looked around to see if anyone saw it. I scooted out the door before he was busted.

Seriously. Isn't he cute?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment