Tuesday, February 2, 2010

New, new, new!!!


So stinkin' tired!!! Last Saturday was my birthday. I'm a big old 31. Don't be picking on the old either! Anybody rusty enough to be a tinman can use that word. This fatigue thing is kicking my butt. My heart works great... as long as I'm not doing anything. The minute I'm moving my heart rate shoots up. Straightening a headful of hair earned me a heart rate of 140. Now I'm sorry but being out of breath for beauty is beyond ridiculous. It's time to grow up.

What to do? Well, I'm a little tired, a little frustrated, and a whole year older. I gave myself a birthday gift. I broke out the scissors, grabbed a handful of hair, and started chopping! Yes, a headful of long, dark hair is gorgeous. Agreed, but so is being a grown up! I need a break and a short, sassy bob that takes 15 minutes to fix is just the way to start my year.

The only downside was the husband. Man was he PISSED! To be fair he woke up in the morning to find his crafty wife's hair neatly braided on the counter (I'm donating it.) and his scalped wife in bed. NOT a good way to have a hubby find out. I hadn't even had my first cup of coffee and I was already dust. The frantic phone call search for a stylist started on 2 iPhones while he shot me some stink eye.Darn it, I did a good job though! The bob I gave myself I got to keep. Luckily for me sanity set in before I tried to "fix" my handiwork and all I needed was some trimming and evening out. Not bad for a first (And only!) attempt!

So there you go! Yes it was a little extreme to chop it myself but I needed to do it. It's time to let go and start fresh. I said goodbye to the pretty hair that wore me out and hello to the sassy new do! It was the perfect thing to do... I haven't had a bad hair day yet and man is it easy! I'm now an advocate of the extreme lifestyle change. Just don't be crazy and do it yourself. Warn a husband first!

No comments:

Post a Comment