Friday, March 5, 2010

Best fake ever!


I love coffee. I mean really, love, coffee. I'm not a Starbuck's girl, I prefer taking my business to the local business owners. I also don't go for all the mocha, foamy, caramel junk. Give me straight coffee, cream and sugar, in the biggest cup you have please! It's how I wake up in the morning and it was a treat all throughout the day.

Guess what you aren't supposed to drink once you have heart disease. Coffee. Well, caffeine in general, but coffee is the one that made me a little pitiful. How am I supposed to wake up? I had to answer myself. "The old fashioned way dork. Jeez, quit bitchin' and be a grown up."

That was then, this is now. I'm typing this enjoying a giant cup of home brew out of my favorite mug. It's decaf, (sigh) and has Splenda and non fat creamer. I've successfully invented Frankencoffee. Fake beans, fake sugar, fake cream. Holy goodness it's good! It smells good, tastes good, and looks the same. Sure it doesn't have the kick but neither do I anymore. I'm officially decaf myself these days. Hazelnut is my friend. Every morning I get to smell coffee smells, hold my big, red, bucket of a pottery cup, and mix my brew to my hearts content. No fat, no big health hazards, no nothing. Ah,fake coffee. You and I are going to have to make friends.

The doc says one cup of the real stuff is okay a day so I have an out if I want to go to a coffee shop. Another good thing was the coffee budget. I discovered new money! I keep decaf at home. The best way for me to not have something is to not have it around me. Besides, who brews just one cup? That's it for today! Me and my Frankencoffee are going back to waking up the slow way. If you think about it though, try switching your creamer, sugar, or even beans to a healthier version. You'll be surprised, in a good way, by the difference.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Frankencoffee, I bestowed upon you the Kreative Blogger award. Hop on over to check out and don't forget to pass it on!!

    ReplyDelete