Monday, March 15, 2010

So busted.

I'm in trouble. Big time. I think just about everyone who loves or cares about me has a doghouse with my name on it. Can I say I'm sorry? I screwed up and made light of the "episode" I had. It was ignorant, dumb, and drunkneck worthy. I promise to do better if there ever is a next time.

I called my cardiologist this morning. Other then my sister's gentle but effective reprimand, his gentle butt chewing made it's point in a big way. I should have spent my Sunday in the hospital. If chest pain is that bad it could very likely have been a small heart attack. I needed blood enzymes and an EKG. Good grief, my stent could have collapsed. Point taken. Never again. Luckily, I'm fine. It was most likely a heart spasm caused by too much activity. Painful sure, but I'll be fine. He did sideline my plans to walk in the 2 mile fun run this weekend. I'm going to try very hard not to complain. I deserve it so I'll take my lumps.

My Heart Nazi is also pissed. I didn't wake him up but I told him about it right away. He seemed to take it all in stride so I thought I was off the hook. It took me until movie 2 of the Star Wars trilogy to realize he wasn't going anywhere. That man is as stubborn as me. He parked on the sofa and didn't budge. Wherever I was, he was. Monday was no better. He's watching me like a hawk and when I complained I got the guilt talk. Did I SEE my sweaty shirt? What would have happened if I'd been in serious trouble? If I'd died? What about him? Wasn't I being a bit selfish? Jeez. Point taken. Next time I'll wake him up. We can always duke it out about the hospital later.

Lesson learned guys. Quit being stubborn and wake up my husband at the very least. I do like to find something positive in every post. My cardiologist gave me my good note of the day. I have "great" survival instincts. Other then the handling it by myself part, I did everything right. I didn't panic and managed to get my feet back under me in about 15 minutes. That was no small task! There's something to be said for being prepared and calm when bad stuff happens.

If you read this please know I'm sorry if you worried. I honestly can't think past my own hard head sometimes. I'll try very hard from now on to do better. Promise.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, like I told you, it must be harder then any of us can ever understand to deal with the daily "heartache" that you must, so just learn your lesson and move on. Guilt probably isn't good for the heart. :)

    ReplyDelete