Tuesday, March 30, 2010

How big is your stomach?


It's gorgeous outside! I just couldn't stand it. Corey called to say he wouldn't be home for lunch so I laced up my new green kicks and headed into downtown Fairhope. I had my heart walk in the sunshine while I browsed the shops. I see a shopping trip in my future. Corey and I both need smaller clothes!

This looks like ice cream but it isn't. It's my frozen yogurt and my goody of the day. I was surprised by the man that sold it to me though. He kept asking if I didn't want two scoops. Maybe a waffle cone? Some sprinkles? It's like my one scoop wasn't good enough. Really?!? What's up with this? Everything you order is giant these days. It's getting gross out there! I want a snack, not a giant waffle cone with toppings and a days worth of calories.

Did you know your stomach is about the size of your fist? It can stretch out and hold about a liter of food. Huh. Here's the kicker for me. Just because it CAN doesn't mean it SHOULD at every meal. A standard breakfast for me is something like a banana and a low fat cheese stick. If I'm really hungry I'm grab a handful of granola or something. Believe me, it's more then enough! I'll be eating again 3 hours later so why stuff myself? So here's the deal. Try eating a smaller portions more times a day. It's amazing how much better you'll feel without all the heavy meals!

No comments:

Post a Comment