Friday, March 26, 2010

I'm not a really good heart patient.


It's true. I imagine really great heart attack survivors surge right into their healthy diets and never look back. Well not me. I fell off my healthy bandwagon tonight. All it took were a few rough days, a sore nose, and a sweet husband to come home with a 12 pack of Diet Coke.

Corey is a lovebug. We're total opposites but he can read me better then anyone else. It took just 5 words for him to silence my heart healthy rebel yell and drop my banner in the dust. "Want to order pizza tonight?"

-skidding to a halt-

O.O

Pizzaaaaaa!!!!

Yes sweet baby Jesus I want pizza. Just for tonight I. Am. Over this. I'm not even peeling off the cheese. Pizza is my favorite food thing. It's my mega comfort food. There's nothing grumpy that you're going through that a flat box won't help. I mean it. It's not healthy but dang it, I want it. The whole thing. The husband, the normal food, the ignore heart disease thing. We need a break. To be fair, just as well as Corey knows me, I know him. My poor guy is onto me. I've been cutting his salt and fat. Little by little he's losing weight and getting fit. He's officially back to the size he was in his early 20's and he hates it. The man wants french fries. He knows if I cave he gets a rare pizza night. Since he deserves a break, and I really want the pizza, I caved. Win, win!

Pizza Hut delivered our two pizzas and we settled in. I spent my evening with my sock feet in Corey's lap. We argued over what to watch on TV and pigging out. We talked when we wanted, were quiet when we didn't. He teased about how long before I hurked up my normal people food. Stinker. I may be a little green around the gills but still going strong thank you. As I type this he's still dozing beside me. This qualifies for a really good night. A nice, simple, normal night. Perfect.

- And no picking on me! Tomorrow is a new day and I'll dust off my banner then. Grilled chicken is on the menu. Cross my heart.

2 comments:

  1. normality, even a tiny dose of it, can make all the difference in the world. sounds like a fabulous evening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have pizza once a month. Normally, only two slices each. It's my weakness :-\

    ReplyDelete