Saturday, March 27, 2010

Hmmm...


Meet my husband Corey! Isn't he a cutie pie? He's become an unwilling example of how a few heart healthy tweaks can change your life. The man is one heck of a trooper. He loves his steak, potatoes, and thickburgers. Unfortunately, his wife had to go and have a heart attack then come home on a mission to "upgrade" our eating habits. Poor guy. He acts like I poked a stick in his eye.

I cashed in on his Heart Nazi habits and close working proximity. Every morning I'm up at 6:15 to fix him breakfast. He checks on me at 10:00 and I toss a healthy snack at him. By 12:00 he's back again and I've got lunch ready then he's home for dinner a few hours later. Nice huh? I love it.

No more fast food!!! I stole his white bread and replaced his snickers with granola bars. I sneak in lean beef, ground turkey, and low fat cheese. You name it, I've tweaked it. There isn't an unhealthy snack on the boat but there's plenty of food and he's never hungry. Some tricks are super sneaky. I replaced his candy bars with small, individually wrapped chocolates. He eats them slower and quits after just a few. FAR less calories! Yay!

Sometimes he complains and he's entitled. "Can't you buy some Bunny bread?" "I'm not eating that." "What's wrong with this CHEESE?!?" Most of the time though he suffers in silence and just shoots me the stink eye. I ignore it all and just imagine what my sister is going through feeding a 4 year old. We can do this.

What do I get for my efforts? At 38, Corey is officially SMALLER then when I met him! I kid you not. This picture was taken on our first date. Corey was one month shy of turning 32. Not bad huh? He won't cooperate and take his shirt off for the sake of blogging but trust me. He's in better shape now. Amazing. I can't claim most of this. The man has some seriously good genes. He's 6'3, has a full head of hair, and is disgustingly healthy. Lucky duck. At 38, the man is a model for how good healthy food drops weight and adds muscle mass. The man has pecks. Sigh. Small changes people! In 7 months he's dropped down to where he was 7 years ago. It's fantastic.

He'll never admit it but he feels better to. He's active, and his eating habits are gradually changing. His waist is down to 33 inches. The dude is buff. Is it wrong to say I'm loving it? He looks great! If I can just keep this up, I imagine we'll look fabulous in our 50's. I'm ridiculously proud of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment