Monday, May 10, 2010

ICE!


I got some emails on what an ICE was so I'm answering! In Case of Emergency call this number. Get it? An ICE contact in your phone indicates who you want called if you're too sick, or busy, to tell them. Trust me on this, if you're having a heart event, you have enough on your hands.

My ICE contact is my Heart Nazi Corey. If I'm in trouble he gets called first. He's prepared for it to! It's smart to fill in your ICE contact and make sure they can handle everything if they get called. I stuck a little card in his wallet behind the picture he carries of me. That little paper carries my life on it. Birthday, allergies, medication, and medical history. When Corey shows up at the hospital, so does all my information. Any questions they have can be answered by him.

What else can you do? Several things. My Heart Nazi knows my favorite pajamas and to pack my hairbrush. He'll remember my cell phone charger and laptop when he packs my overnight bag and he knows to grab the RED lip gloss. He's also armed with a call list in case the "troops" need to be called in.

Lastly, my ICE contact is literally my medical voice. It's very hard to do, but we had The Talk. What I want, what I don't wait, and the (sigh) funeral talk. He knows it all. If something were to ever go terribly wrong his voice would be mine. He knows what to do.

Don't I have a great husband? What a trooper! Of course, the reverse is also true and I'm the ICE for him. Trust me on this guys. Get an ICE contact, program them in your phone, and prep them with everything they need to know. Do it today! Make sure you pick a person that can be there and can stand up to the stress of the situation. This isn't a job for a cry baby so choose wisely. My handsome husband is spoken for but you get the drift. Now go find your own and good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment