Thursday, May 20, 2010

My husband is, once again, fabulous. When you live on a boat you need your own space. That's MY drawer. Stay out of it. That's HIS stuff. Leave it alone. When you have very little leg room you make it work by becoming a team and respecting each other's boundaries and quirks.

So why is Corey being so great this week? His egg has been invaded. I'm all up in his personal space this week! I caught the harddrive in my treasured HP on fire. That's right, fire. Don't ask me how but I have a computer curse. Let's not even discuss the fact that my flaming HP replaced the virus infected HP that died a slow and painful death. OR wifigate from earlier this month. Sigh. Corey, being wonderful and gracious, lent me his to tinker with. Laptops DEFINITELY fall in the boundaries category so this is awesome. Thank you Handsome!

But... um...I need a project. I had already picked it and started pleading with my husband for a few lessons and a tool loan. This is no small thing for him! The last time he lent me a tool it was a rubber mallet and I cracked myself in the head with it. I gave MYSELF a goose egg. I really need something productive to do though. Sooo, he bent.

Meet my new project! I'm going to restore the teak boards that wrap around the whole boat! See those silver looking boards in my picture? Well they're meant to be gorgeous. They're teak, an amazing hardwood with a rose color when it's maintained. It looks lit from within and has a satin finish if you do it right. When I'm done with this decking they'll be watertight, and a showstopper.

Right now I'm in the digging out caulk stage. What a workout! As you can tell from my pictures, I'm hot, I'm sweaty, and I stink. I'm also getting brown as a nut and really working on my core muscles. There will be no weight training at the gym this week! Seriously folks, do I look like someone with a sick heart? No? I didn't think so. :) In 9 months I've followed the steps the rehab guys gave me in a nice linear fashion and I HAVE achieved some amazing results. 19% body fat, flat tummy, tone arms, and a heartrate that's kind of getting with the program. Unfortunately for me, I'm not a linear person. Just look at how I live! I'm a color outside the lines kind of girl.

I'm attacking these boards with two goals in mind. They're going to be gorgeous and so will I! If you hate the gym don't fret. Garden, walk, try yoga, or take up a sport or active hobby. Just move! I'm still walking every day. I just do it on the beach.

The whole purpose of surviving a heart attack is LIVING with heart disease. I spent quite a bit of time feeling martyred by my bran muffins and hitting the gym at my scheduled times. I still felt bad. Now I'm out, I'm about, and I'm busy! Sure, I'm still tired but I'm making an effort and I'm passionate about something. You're not going to do well if you don't love what you're doing. The results are in the pictures! I look happy and healthy! Go figure.

2 comments:

  1. i personally advocate yoga. not so much for an aerobic workout; i didn't find it to be that exactly. but the flexibility? oh my LORD, it's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is letting you work on the boat?!?

    ReplyDelete