Thursday, January 27, 2011

I'll never beat this!

I had to be out of town for a few days and my birthday is coming up. Corey stepped up and gave me the best birthday gift ever! Seriously guys, I don't know if I'm ever going to beat this. What would make Corey as happy on his birthday as he's made me?! I don't know yet, but I've got about half a year to figure something out.

So what did I get? A trip! Corey sent me to the happiest place on earth. Disney World! The stars aligned in such a way that I got to meet up with my sister in the sunshine state and spend some much needed quality time with her and her family. Corey gave me some unscheduled time with my family. That's a HUGE deal for this chick. Ready for some pictures?
It's a bunny! Okay, not really. It's Briar Rabbit. Every time my sister and I see a bunny of ANY kind we give a little nod to our mother. I couldn't find a better bunny in the parks so ole' B.R. here will just have to do.
I am super, very, happy! Disney is beyond adorable everywhere you look. See my Mickey sticker I'm wearing? That was a gift from my nephew. If you know a kid then you know how important the solemn sticker giving ceremony is. He gave me one of his treasures! Another good thing to note... gorgeous, pin tucked, hand stitched shirts look like crap after a day in the parks. Lesson learned. Sigh.
Here's me so happy I'm ignorant. And there's that expensive shirt looking like crap. Darn it! Still, Cinderella's castle! Weeee! It's all the little touches and hidden Mickeys that make this place so fun. Everywhere I looked I found Alice's cards painted on a floor or mouse ears painted on doorknobs. Do you know there's mice hidden in the rafters of Cindy's castle? I love all the details!
Look who met the mayor! Is he the mayor of just Main Street or does he get the castle to? Does Cinderella throw state dinners or something? Who would give the state of the union address and can you IMAGINE what the assembly would look like? Hmmm...
I really loved this. I popped in a dress shop and found it tucked in a dressing room area. The best part? Birds were chirping over the speakers. So. Stinkin'. Cute!
My favorite ride! It's different now. Disney made a movie based on the ride. The movie was so great they adapted the ride so it's based on the movie based on the ride. Whew! Did ya'll get that? Still, Jack Sparrow and pirates! Fantastic!
And last but not least, meet my new boyfriend. Pirate Goofy! This guy was hysterical. He let me smooch him then he dipped me and flirted for quite a while. Everyone standing around to meet him cracked up when I walked off and he hopped the ropes to follow me. It hit really adorable when another pirate got in the act and dragged him back at sword point, Goofy acted SUPER pitiful and pouted. I seriously LOVE this place!

I have a ton of pictures of me gazing adoringly and my niece and nephew and hugging my sister. Seeing them was the best part of the trip! Seeing my nephew eat ice cream with chocolate Mickey ears... wow. Holding my niece so we could see a show in front of the castle and hearing her gasp when Donald Duck came out... double wow. I actually got all teary a few times just SEEING them. They're gorgeous and they're getting so BIG! I'm never ever ever going to beat this trip. One more time, thank you Handsome! It's already the best birthday week ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment