Thursday, January 6, 2011

Sorry Guys!

I'm an awful, mean, selfish blogger. Winter living on a boat, a really cool job, a husband, and holiday traveling made me put off my blog. Add in a narcissistic cat, heart maintenance, and all the other "stuff" and BAD me. Very bad blogger. I'm so sorry if you worried guys. I'm alive, healthy, and very happy. Promise! I've also been storing up posts in my handy dandy notebook given to me as a Christmas present. The giver was more astute than I as I didn't realise it's value until I had 10 pages of potential posts. So thank you!

I know, you're still mad. Would it help if I told you where I was for a bit?

Maybe?

No?

Well fine then. I'm going to tell you anyway as it was AWESOME! My husband and I ventured north to visit his family for the holidays. Twice! November and December were spent traveling all over Oklahoma, Ohio, and Kentucky.

I know what you're thinking. Awesome? This? It's great, sure. But awesome? Well yes it was. The Man and I are cruising towards our 6th year married and our 10th year together. We've made several trips north and I have never, ever, seen real snow.

This last trip was snow covered! Finally! I'm giving you some pictures to make up for not posting so forgive me okay?

Check out the Kia Pet! She's covered! I have never in my life seen anything like this.

Check me out in my pink pea coat! I'm standing on a frozen pond! This cracked up my husband because I'd been having a bit of trouble walking in the snow. Where's the ground?!? I spent a considerable amount of time picking through it like I was about to fall in a sinkhole. I've seen too many movies. To my poor, overstimulated brain Ice= solid. Snow= sneaky. After about busting my "yass" because of this error Corey grabbed my hand and hauled me off right after this was taken. Smart man.

Here I am having trouble walking. Sneaky snow. It's hiding the grass. Yes, this is embarrassing being caught in the act. Let's be fair though blogger friends. I was born in New Orleans. That means veeery southern. Sweet tea and crawfish southern. Living on a boat southern. I'm like a magnolia in the freezer here. Again, I was rescued by Corey after he finished laughing at me.

That's me at the top. I'm sliding down a hill in some borrowed snow pants. I now love snow pants. Us southern people don't recognize their value. I also love hills. This is the day I got my first sled ride, my first 4 wheeler ride in the snow, and my first deep snow trek. There were snowballs in there somewhere and one faceplant to go along with this not-so-graceful booty slide.

Finally, me freezing. I didn't want to go in though! In this picture I'm wearing so many layers of clothes I had a hard time bending my knees. Why? You heart buddies know. Cold weather stresses your heart. As I've never dealt with this level before I had to be careful. Lots of gear and short trips outside with plenty of warm up time in between. I kept my nitro in my pocket just in case but I'm happy to announce I didn't need it once.

And last but not least... we did so many things and saw so many people. Why aren't they in this post? Because it would be rude. I didn't ask permission and they don't know you guys (and how fabulous you are) like I do. :) It's just not fair to post pictures on "the internets" without expressed consent. There's that southern thing again. Take my word on it though. We had a blast!

1 comment:

  1. I used to love playing around in the snow, but now that I've grown up (and had my fair share) all I can focus on is my frozen nose and how the bottom of my pants is going to be wet for the rest of the day. Lame, I know!
    Welcome back to bloggyland!

    ReplyDelete