Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Megastation

I want. My MegaStation. Right now please. I bought this thing the first year that Corey and I moved onto our boat. I was ambling around in Sam's and saw this giant thing hanging from the ceiling. The golden glow appeared, the angels sang, and I had this brilliant idea that I NEEDED a MegaStation if I was going to live on a boat. NEEDED it people! It seats six and has two ice chests in it. It's so big it has loading platforms so you can get on the darn thing. How can you live on a boat without that?!
I had some poor, malingered Sam's dude squeezing that thing into the back of the Kia Pet in no time. It weighed, a ton. Was Corey happy with the MegaStation? No he was not. His first experience with it was of me crammed in the Kia Pet and using my legs to push the box out. Once it was (and busted) I grabbed the torn piece and tugged it down the dock. When THAT ripped I pushed it the rest of the way. It's huge, it's heavy, it takes forever to blow up with an air compressor, and it's SO MUCH FUN!!!

The MegaStation has only one design flaw in my eyes. Whoever built this thing decided to use the slip n slide material. It's impossible to get on this thing! Attempt one had me sliding from one side to the other and right off. All other attempts have been graceless, usually resulting in a face plant in the swimming pool net thing. When it's choppy people go sliding all over the place. Pour a little wine on a choppy, slip n slide material, MegaStation kind of day and hilarity ensues. It's fantastic! I've got big ideas for this summer. I want to tie the loading platforms together and secure them to the back of our boat. That way you can SLIDE onto the MegaStation! Someone is definitely going to get hurt. Probably me. Doesn't it sound kind of fun though? A slide onto a raft over 12 feet long... so cool!

Right now my favorite boat toy is languishing in winter storage. It's just waiting for some strong sun and warm breezes. So am I! Come on spring. I want my MegaStation! Hasn't winter been around long enough?

And yes guys, that is me up there in the picture. This was way before heart attack troubles started knocking on my door. Orange bikini, curly hair, ball cap, and khaki shorts. Gillian in her natural environment! All these "before" pictures are kind of odd to look at now. It's like a critter in the zoo. Who WAS that girl?!

1 comment:

  1. I wanna come play on your megastation! :)) I'm sooo ready for Spring so I can go play in the water. Winter's def been here too long!

    ReplyDelete