Saturday, January 15, 2011

Spatula


I love my ice chest. If I ever decide to be un-crazy I don't know how I'd live in a "real" house without one. A Diet Coke with this level of frosty goodness can't be achieved without one. Un-crazy, house dwelling people don't have ice chests fully stocked on their back porches. Slightly eccentric, boat dwellers can TOTALLY pull it of. It's just one of the perks. I get a refrigerator AND an ice chest. Go me.

Unfortunately, it's winter and that does pose a tiny problem. I do NOT want to stick my hand in there and fish around for a frosty Diet Coke. When it's blustery and rainy I want to even less. I'm a problem solver at heart and I still want my stuff on ice. Simple solution? Hijack my husbands stuff. His awesome man grill spatula has been commandeered for the season. It's perfect! Problem solved while our level of eccentricity (i.e. "crazy") rises.

By the way, that's definitly my pink North Face sock you see peeking out down there. I still think there needs to be a rule somewhere that says all docks and boats should be no shoe zones. The world would be a much better place!

3 comments:

  1. i TOTALLY second the no-shoe thing. i definitely wore flip-flops to the cotton bowl three years ago, thinking it would be about 60 degrees in dallas that day. silly magnolia, trusting the weather - it was 29 degrees. i suffered through not just the cold, but a TERRIBLE performance by arkansas, which is why we were there. sigh.

    i love the spatula-as-drink-fetcher, too. i would've probably just used a net or something. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the best use for a spatula ever. And soda always does taste better when it's been in an ice chest, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch Magnolia! You must have been freezing!!! I would have used a bait net but that's what they're used for...bait. Yuck! And AW you're right. They taste so much better on ice!

    ReplyDelete