Friday, January 15, 2010

Back again.


I have GOT to learn to complain more. Apparently if you chopped my head off it would roll away saying I'm fine. The doctor's words, not mine. This little bad habit of mine has landed me back in the hospital. I'm tired. Exhausted. I wake up tired, take naps, and it NEVER goes away. It's gotten so bad that the only places I've been since Christmas is rehab and the grocery store. Just carrying in my grocery bags leaves me short of breath and I have to lay down afterward. Is that normal? Um, no. Did I complain? Nope, I went to rehab and they busted me.

I show up for Thursday rehab in my hot pink workout pants ready to work and got hooked up to my heart monitor. Busted immediately! During warm up my heart rate hit 150. Whoa that's bad! They pulled me off the floor and after a quick conversation I was leaving and driving straight to my cardiologist's office. Long story short, he wasn't happy either. My heart is working way too hard. It's why I'm so tired and out of breath. Instead of heading back to rehab I was walking into Thomas to be admitted. Great.

At least they let me walk! I hate rolling around in those wheelchairs. Does anyone else ever feel like they're going to crash into something? I'll get into the tests they did in another blog post. The whole deal for staying at Thomas was to rule out another heart attack and to see if I had another blockage in my heart. Luckily for me, I don't! One more hospital stay down and they can't find anything. This picture is just for my blog buddies. I can't just blog and post about the good hair days right? This is me so pissed to be back in there! I'm still in my hot pink pants and holding my rehab heart ball. Grump.

So what to do now? What all heart patients get to do. Wait. There could be a couple of things wrong. I may have a partial blockage they can't see yet or I may have an electrical problem. What that means is that the pump part may be working great but my heart is firing wrong. The good news is that it's not immediately life threatening so they let me go home. Whatever it is, they're going to watch me at home. Corey came and got me today and I get to sleep in my own bed tonight. I'll post more tomorrow. Thanks so much guys for all the prayers and well wishes. You really cheered me up when I was wishing I could be home! Take care guys!

2 comments:

  1. Keep on keepin' on, Gillian ... This part, I don't know what you're going through - but, please know that I can definitely sympathize. One of the guys I met in rehab has been back in the ER 5 times (3 in the first 4 months). In him, they kept finding more issues.

    This can be done - and yes - complain, dang it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and if it makes you feel better, I have a "mis-fire" ... specifically, your heart has 3 electrical fires for the pump. My "2nd" one fires 'slow' (Cardiologist's word) ... he says, "You won't live much past 100 with that." ... LOL

    ReplyDelete