Friday, January 8, 2010

The old and the new.

It's rehab Thursday! I l.o.v.e my workouts! Old Gillian was a bit of a gym rat. If all I get is a few light workouts a week I'm there. I've got my bottled water, my heart book, and my gym clothes are on. I park at Thomas Cardiac Rehab... Fairhope has a WONDERFUL facility for us heart guys. We have our own building! My nose felt a little runny so I absentmindedly swiped at it. The side of my hand came away bloody. The cold weather is torturing my nose and I have another nosebleed.

Old Gillian would have flipped the hell out. There would be drama, Corey would be called. Whining would definitely be involved. I didn't do any of that. Squeezing my nose I gathered up my stuff and walked into rehab. I made a beeline for the restroom so I could clean up and wash my hands. After much blotting and dabbing my nosebleed stops and I'm free to take my seat and get my blood pressure taken. Time to shake it off and hit the rowing machine!

It didn't occur to me till I was leaving class that I'm a changing girl. I never could have done that before. Good grief I faint when I get my finger pricked! My body isn't the only thing getting leaner and meaner. I'm developing a tougher character when it comes to medical stuff. Somewhere between the heart attack and the needles up my nose I grew up. Bad stuff happens. You can let it ruin your day or you can take five minutes to fix it then move on. There's no sense getting your nose out of joint! Har har.

1 comment:

  1. The nose bleeds while I was on Plavix stunk. And, they were just random occurrences. I literally had to carry a paper towel around with me in the event one popped up.

    Since being taken off of Plavix, not a single one. Go figure.

    Oh, and cutting myself shaving was a brave new world.

    ReplyDelete