Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Ladies, you're sneakier then that!


I have a new diet! It's healthy and semi-yummy. Since living a long time with heart disease depends, in large part, on eating a good diet I've jumped onto the healthy bandwagon. I cruise the grocery store looking for new tasty ways to make heart healthy meals. My creativity, however, has hit a roadblock and it's name is Husband.

Corey likes nachos. There's nothing healthy about those right? I made soft tacos using low sodium seasoning, whole wheat wraps, turkey meat, and even low fat cheese. I proudly presented my creation for dinner and he ate it! Darn it they tasted good! The only problem? I just haaaaad to open my big mouth. The minute Corey figured out what he was eating the party was over and so was dinner.

Take it from me girls. If you take away a man's Tony's seasoning don't you dare tell him about it! You will be met with a temper tantrum worthy of a 2 year old. It's a bad idea. Trust me on this. Corey's grilled cheese are still made with whole wheat bread and margarine, I just don't tell him about it. I think he suspects that his taco meat is still turkey but I'm not confirming it!

Why doesn't Corey just cook for himself? The man can grill with the best of them but he's been semi banned from the kitchen for quite a while now. This went into effect because of a little incident involving him, a microwave, and an Arby's sandwich in the wrapper. His excuse for the demise of the microwave and scorch marks? Mythbusters said it was okay. Yeah. See why he's banned? Ever seen what happens to an unforked potato in the oven? Guess who got to clean THAT up? The man is adorable but dangerous. He builds houses so gorgeous it's like living inside art but he stinks at cooking. I think it's precious.

I refuse to cook two different dinners a night and he has to eat so we do what all married couples do. We compromise. He doesn't ask and I don't tell. I may be proud as a peacock at my heart healthy dinner but I've learned to be happy on the inside. To Corey it's just grilled chicken. Spare yourself the drama girls. If not, when Mythbusters invades your kitchen don't say I didn't warn you!

1 comment:

  1. May my wife and I recommend "Cooking Light" magazine? ... So far, what we've tried isn't bad --- the worst is still edible. All-in-all, we haven't had "edible"; most have been fantastic.

    ReplyDelete