Monday, January 4, 2010

It's freezing!!!


Oh my goodness it's cold! Living on a boat is always an adventure. Living on a boat in winter can be downright entertaining at times. I love, love, love it but weekends like this last one make me question my sanity.

We lost power! By we, I mean a whole half of the marina. In the middle of a hard freeze. I practiced my new found skill of staying out of the way and poor Corey went outside to deal with it. No dice.

By 10:30 Saturday night we were dropping our dock lines and migrating to our new spot. The Tin Dome! Eastern Shore Marina is great. It's so close to downtown Fairhope and my favorite thing is the covered slips. No wind, no rain, absolutely safe and secure. We ride out tropical storms and severe weather here.

Talk about a brief and freezing boat ride! I tell you there's almost nothing more miserable then dealing with wet dock lines late at night in the middle of a freeze. It's just gross. Us marina girls are tough stuff though. After years of practice, Corey and I are champs at moving a big boat and tying up. He drives, I handle the lines. The only difference now is that in the cold I get shooed back inside once we're secure. Corey worries.

Here's a picture of the Tin Dome. Snug as a bug but the view isn't as nice! Here's hoping the marina gets fixed soon and I can show you a pic of our regular view instead. Stay warm everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment