Thursday, January 14, 2010

Uh oh Cheerios!


The FDA fussed about Cheerios. They said that Cheerios shouldn't be sold as a way to treat or prevent heart disease. I agree... kind of. I agree with the FDA that it's a bit misleading BUT Cheerios ARE healthy. Compared to a regular person's sausage and egg artery clogging breakfast Cheerios are absolutely the right choice.

People keep asking me how I healthily lost weight and kept it off. Well here you go. My secret weapon. I love me some Cheerios! I keep two boxes around. Honey Nut and Apple Cinnamon. Apple Cinnamon is my new bff. It's my go to buddy for an afternoon snack or a sweet craving. Talk about good! My Honey Nut is still my breakfast favorite and if you add a piece of fruit or some yogurt you have a really filling breakfast. My thinking on milk is if it's not chocolate, I'm not drinking it. Skim milk in my cheerios is a great way to get in some dairy.

Cheerios are full of vitamins, minerals, and whole grains. If you replace at least one meal a day with a bowl you WILL see results! Personally, I'm a cookie monster. Cheerios curbs my cravings and keeps me away from the baked goods. Find a healthy cereal and stick to it! I'm a Cheerio girl but you can find your own. Special K is good to. If you want to be "special" this Cheerio girl won't knock you. Just be healthy! Oh, and if it had a cartoon on the box lets leave it for the kiddies m'kay?

1 comment: